Friday, November 14, 2008

MOCK THANKSGiViNG

" Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. "
- Author Unknown



We are in Texas working our booth and visiting my family for a few days.

Last night after working all day, my mama whipped up a delicious mock Thanksgiving dinner. The food was tasty. I am going to have to get that chicken recipe. YUMO! No pseudo Thanksgiving meal can be complete with out the addition sweet potato delight. To thee I sing praises. AHHHHHH! It has become one of Kalin's favorite dishes. I am going to try it out this year at his mom and dad's house. It is destined to be a success. I love Thanksgiving. It is so nice to have family and friends all gathered together in celebration.


Anyway back to the dinner. Mama had the table fixed so pretty. Simple elegance is absolutely one of her specialities. She put Violet and me in charge of the non-alcoholic (Liz is on call so we kept wine off the menu) cocktails. The cranberries looked like little jewels floating amidst the sparking apple cider.


Mimi thought of everything - even a Happy Thanksgiving cake!! I think that this was a first for everyone, but Violet loved lighting the candles and singing "Happy Thanksgiving to you!"


Thank you Mimi! We all had a great time.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You said YUMO! Ha! Oh, girl, why did you put that picture of me on your blog???? The mock Thanksgiving was nice! Good times.