Monday, November 10, 2008


"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

- Princess Elizabeth, Asquith Bibesco




While trying to still enjoy and acknowledge the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, despite stores like Wal-Mart etc putting their Christmas stuff out before Halloween and playing Christmas music in the store, I having been trying to keep Christmas gift giving in my mind. It always has a way of sneaking up on us, and I want to be able to slow down and enjoy all of its magical moments, without feeling overwhelmed. In the process I have found the neatest toy companies online. My favorites are Magic Cabin and Nova Natural Toys (where the inspiration for our good friend Berry Sue originated). Violet has gone through the catalogs and requested the fairy house. Kalin is working on his own version for her and I have decided to experiment with wet felting to craft some fairy dollies to go with it. I am very excited about this project and have several ideas I want to play with. I will keep you posted on the evolution of these little pixies.

Looking through these catalogs has been such a source of inspiration. I love all of the natural fibers and wood that are used in their products. I also love the simplicity - allowing the child to use their imagination in play.

It feels good to get a few of these Christmas purchases under my belt and feel the beginnings of the excitement that accompany the holiday season.

Violet and I have also mulled around a few joint handmade crafts ideas (no hints) and I think that they will be cute.

The little elves have to get cracking....

No comments: