Friday, November 21, 2008

ADVENTURES OF LEAF GiRL

"I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through the deepest snow to keep an appointment with a beech-tree, or a yellow birch, or an old acquaintance among the pines. "
~Henry David Thoreau



Well we have been home in Arkansas for a few days. I spent those days organizing and tiding up. Wahoo! Isn't a clean house grand!

Violet and I managed to squeeze some fun projects in as well.



I was inspired by Lois Ehlerts Leafman, an awesome and beautiful book. She collages fall leaves that have been scanned, and printed as soon as she finds them, in order to retain their color. Violet made her own versions - A leaf girl and and adorable rabbit by the name of "Piggy Pinkie." We also looked up some of the leaves and acorns that we had collected in our tree field guide. It was a fun project.



On another note, I have finally gotten my craft area organized. It is amazing how creative one can feel in and organized space.




I was able to finish several projects that I had been working on, including my flower broaches. I will post pictures later...I have to go finish packing, we are leaving for Louisiana in T-minus two hours...and counting...

No comments: