Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,

For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



Over the last week, I have been flooded with memories spent with my family during the Thanksgiving at our farm in Texas. It was such a wonderful placed filled with some of the best times of my life. Upon dressing up the table for fall, I was moved to take the picture of the farm house off the wall and place it with the other fall things that had collected there. I have enjoyed looking up and seeing it there. I am so thankful for those wondrous memories, for family and friends, for good food, and the hope for good things to come. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh! I was just rambling on to a co-worker yesterday about the Thanksgivings we had at the farm! I especially remember the one when it iced. That was great! My heart is so very happy to see that picture. Oh the wonderful memories. I remember the time when you and I were older and went to the farm all by ourselves for the weekend. It was so much fun! Happy Thanksgiving!