Tuesday, March 8, 2011

WRiTER'S BLOCK


"Faith sees a beautiful blossom in a bulb, a lovely garden in a seed, and a giant oak in an acorn."
~William Arthur Ward

In the effort to get over what one might call bloggers writer's block, I have decided to try out some new posting methods.  The first will be the beginning of the week "Happy Things" posts.  This was inspired by a wonderfully talented gal, Madelyn Mulvaney, .  I find her poetry and photographs are wonderful.  I was reading her blog and noticed that she posted a list of things that were making her "happy this week." I have seen similar concepts on several different blogs.  Would this be a good springboard to overcome said writer's block?

Madelyn is also giving a workshop called the Art of Living Cheerfully which looks interesting.

In addition to my "Happy Things" at the end of the week I thought I would do a post called "In the Moment."  This will be a single picture taken throughout the week that is distinct, that I want to savor, and remember.  This was inspired by Soulemama.   She has been doing this for quite sometime and has recently challenged her readers to do the same.  So when in Rome....

So here is my first Happy Things List




:. My quote for this post (listed at the beginning of this entry).  It was sent to me by my Mama. I find it     incredibly inspiring.  With the quote, she sent this anecdote about William Arthur Ward:

" When I was in high school the dean of girls was Virginia Ward. She was a petite red head that never seemed to run out of energy, quit wit or a keen eye for when things were brewing at school. She lived in the neighborhood and William Arthur Ward, a prolific writer and speaker, was her husband.  It was coincidentally written by the husband of her high school dean of girls."

Pretty cool huh?

:. The Sound of Sunshine by Michael Franti.  There are some positive vibrations coming through the speakers with this one.  He is coming to Ozark, AR on June 2 and Houston, TX on May 7!!

:. Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.  My sister gave my hubby the third season for Christmas.  It is the perfect show to wind down to at night after Violet is in bed. Apparently, I might be enjoying this a little too much because I had a dream last night that Anthony and I were going on a romantic weekend getaway together. 

:.tiny bouquets of daffodils

:.evidence that my hot pink peony that I was sure I had killed is making a reappearance

:.greens sprouting in my garden

:.At Play.  This is a very old reader (copyright 1940).  I believe that Mimi rescued it from being discarded from the school library back when she was a kindergarten teacher.  Violet has really been loving this book.  It has given her more confidence because it is thick like the books I read.  The stories and pictures are sweet.

:. Ledger.  I am a huge fan of Lotta Jansdotter. Ledger is her fairly new blog in which she posts a couple of times a month.  She is another source of inspiration for me. 




What are some of your "Happy Things" this week?

2 comments:

Liz said...

You and Violet and Kalin being here with me during this time makes me happy!

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.