Sunday, March 27, 2011

PRiNCE OF A MAN


"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

~ Eskimo Proverb



We lost my dear, sweet Papa this week. He was a wonderful man, with an amazing spirit. It was this spirit that hung on for many days past ours and the doctors expectations. He was so reluctant to leave my Grandmother and this world that he loved so much.  I felt blessed to witness their last tender days together as our family vigilantly sat by his side supporting him in his journey towards heaven.

This experience has taught me so much about the strength of my family, the transition of the body and soul as it leaves this world, and also provided me with moments that  I will treasure for an eternity,

I owe so much to my Papa.  He had an everlasting faith, belief in me, and a gentle watchful eye.  My Uncle explained to us that Papa would say his Daddy was a Prince of a Man.  In these last days Papa looked forward to seeing his father.  I know that my Papa was a Prince of a Man, a humanitarian, and had a heart of gold.

Those that love him know he is in a better place.  He has been sending messages through songbirds, a magnificent full moon, and the wind.  We know that he is looking down on us and smiling.

Even with this knowledge, he leaves in his wake, people that are struggling to find their way in this world with out his loving presence.

In the meantime, I take comfort in being able to visit him at his resting place. It is beautiful, and peaceful there. A place where you can sit with him in quiet, under the shade of a beautiful old tree, and daydream of the wonderful memories that were shared.


We love you Papa!  You did a good job!!!

No comments: