Monday, October 20, 2008

KNiT, PURL, KNiT, PURL



My sister and I have decided to take on a new knitting challenge. Socks. We decided to head on down to her local yarn store (along with Mimi, much to Violets delight) to get the scoop. Yarns Ewenique is a quaint shop that was filled with women (and men), clicking their sticks. They had a great array of yarns, books, and pure energy.

The ladies that helped us, recommended using two sets of needles and working on both socks at the same time. We picked up a couple of sets of Crystal Palace needles. I swear these are the Cadillac of needles. We decided to acquire our yarn at Jo-Anns for our test pair. You can bet as sure as I get this whole thing down I will be returning to Yarns Ewenique for some of that sumptuous hand painted yarn. Ohhh la la.

Last night we has our first session and got our stitches cast on and a few rows knit. I love sitting with her and knitting. I am going to miss her terribly.... gulp.

Today I was perusing my fav Soule Mama blog and she recommended this sock "recipe" which I will have to try out in the future. Check out her completed socks!!!


"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again. "
~Dorothy Day

No comments: