Friday, April 24, 2009

CHRONiCLES FROM THE GARDEN: 3

"In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful."
~Abram L. Urban


Violet and I picked up another load of mulch today from the sawmill. It is funny if you ask a couple of fisherman, who are about to embark on a mission to the lake, to help you, how quickly your truckload of mulch can be unloaded. he he he.



We planted more zinnias. Violet decided that this one needed a rock so a fairy could sit underneath it. When I was a little girl, my Grandmother and I would put out little paper parasols (like the ones you put in drinks) out in the yard at night. Then we would sit on the porch swing and wait for the fairies to come and sit under them. I of course would always fall asleep before the fairies would come and play. I recently bought a package of parasols and thought that Violet and I would try the same thing.

1 comment:

JoyceAnn said...

Hi , Not sure how I found your blog , but I've enjoyed reading your post.
The story about the parasols is so sweet. I might do that with my granddaughter when she's older , she's only 17 months old now.

~ Many Blessings ~
JoyceAnn