Sunday, January 4, 2009


"In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips. "
~Author Unknown





My sister and I had a shopping extravaganza all day Saturday. It was a blast.

We started the day at the Benbrook Antique Mall. I found a few cute things, and as luck would have it they were all on sale. Wahoo. As the lady rang up my purchases, I felt like I was on the Price Is Right. In the shopping bag went...a cute blue casserole dish that looked like it came out of Little Red Riding Hoods cottage...a deer vase... a vintage pink hat for Violets tea parties (shh I am going to save it for her birthday)...an ice cream scoop...a vintage apron, and a couple of vintage cards.


cute mushroom apron

I love this little deer vase.

I have been collecting Vintage Christmas cards.


Then it was on to Barnes and Noble, where we picked up some ice coffees, and went straight to the craft book section. We then luxuriously perused the books for a couple of hours. We emerged a bit foggy from craft book over stimulation with our selections. On the way to the check-out counter we grabbed a copy of the new Spin off magazine.

After the bookstore we headed to Office Depot where I purchased a printer/scanner combo. I love it, love it, love it. I can't wait to get home and try it out!

Later that evening, I worked on Liz's quilt.

On the home front...
Kudos go to Kalin, for watching Violet, cleaning, washing and folding our laundry, and making dinner!!! He whipped up a chicken pot pie that was to die for!! Yumo!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh that was so much fun! We have to to this every time you come visit!

Hehehe, you said Yum-o!!

Toni Stafford Newby said...

Carrie, I found your blog and it's awesome! You're too modest! I'm going to try to figure out how to link to yours from mine. I'm looking forward to seeing the blog for the school. Please add me as an author and then I can post things whenever you can't. Big Hugs and awesome blog! Toni
www.transpiral.blogspot.com