Wednesday, September 3, 2008

HERE COMES THE SUN




What is a mama to do when her little picky eater will not consume a single vegetable? Well, in my case, lovingly hide veggie purees in everything. This morning I adapted a recipe out of my Deceptively Delicious cookbook to contain some of the things I had on hand. I love this book!! They were really tasty if I do say so myself. They turned out orange because of the carrot puree, so I deemed them "sunshine pancakes." Violet dug the name and devoured the pancakes. What luck!! Here is the recipe:

1 c. flour
1/2 tsp bk soda
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamon

1 egg
1/4 c carrot puree
2 tbsp melted smart balance
1tsp vanilla
3/4 -1 c water
1/2 c. light sour cream

1/4 c grated apple


Mix dry ingredients. In another bowl mix wet ingredients. Add the wet, adn greated apple to the dry. Stir until just mixed. Batter will be a little lumpy. Add more water if needed. Bake on griddle just as you would any other pancake recipe. Drizzle with honey or molasses. Eat and Enjoy!!!!


We topped our sunshine pancakes with a little Ozark Mountain sorghum molasses, made locally in Mountain View. Yum!!!




While I was making the pancakes Violet was making this.


No comments: