Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BROWN, BEAR, BROWN BEAR




I have been trying to do preschool lessons with Violet a few times a week, in addition to the daily spontaneous learning. (ie: "Look at the dark clouds, what do they mean?" or "If you have two animal crackers and I give you two more, how many do you have?)






Yesterday while I was furiously making boxes, Violet worked on a project. It turned out rather cute.


We have been taking some our favorite books and elaborating on them by adding our own pages. This time we used Brown Bear, Brown Bear. What do you see? I fastened some pages together and Violet "wrote and illustrated" her own version.

She used some examples already given in the book. She also added some of her own such as an "orange octopus", and a orange upside-down dog"

For some reason blogger is turning the photos on end and I can not figure out how to fix it...sorry










I have found several resources on-line that have been helpful. Amanda Soule, the author of one of my new favorite books, The Creative Family, has a blog that I read often. She home schools her children and I find her ideas very inspiring.


Later that afternoon...Violet used some of my scraps while I was making boxes and put together a fort. Pretty cute!



Also....

Violet's first ballet lesson was yesterday. She had a great time. It was one of the first things she talked about when she woke up this morning. It was a real milestone, she had really never been left with a complete stranger before. I was very proud of her as she walked right into the class with complete confidence. I think I will enjoy the guarantee of 40 minutes all to myself once a week. It also doesn't hurt that one of my favorite crafty shops, Ritsy Rags is right down the street from the ballet studio. The perfect place to spend my free time. :) Wahoo!!!!





No comments: