Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Birthday Catchup



Last week was Kalin's birthday. This year he decided to take us to one of his favorite catfishing spots. The fish were not biting, but we all had a good time.




I brought a book, my journal and some crosswords to work on. Violet joined me in some scribing and drew a wonderful picture documenting our fishing adventure.









Before departing for the river, his mama made some delicious muffalattas in the true New Orleans style. I put together my quick herbed pasta salad and some lemongrass tea (from my herb bed). Yummy.


Then Violet helped me assemble the Victoria sponge birthday cake. This is one of my favorite recipes. It makes a great birthday cake, and is very versitle depending on what you have on hand. It is so pretty too. I got it out of my Domestic Goddess Cookbook, and will post the recipe
in a later post.

No comments: