Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WATCHiNG THE WiLD ViOLETS GROW


Well this is my first blog entry. I have to thank my awesomely creative sister for introducing me to the wonderful world of blogs.
They add such a level of happiness and inspiration to my life. I have named my little blogspot Wild Violets after my fledgling
business...whose name is inspired from my four-year old daughter Violet. I am a stay at home mother. I enjoy sewing , knitting, drop spindling, organic gardening, cooking, and reading. I live on a farm in the Ozarks with my family
a few animals and my angora bunnies, Marmie and Pickwick.


Violet took the picture of me...I was pretty impressed...gotta give her credit

I thought to start things off I would include some pictures of a blissful day on the farm


We planted sweet bell pepper plants that I started from seed. With any luck they will grow up to be beautiful and delicious in various colors of
red, orange, yellow, purple, brown, and white. They were started from a multi pack so you never know what you are going to get until they ripen. I can't wait!!!!

Later that day, my husband, some friends and I worked on our house. It is quite the labor of love. I am really excited. It is going to be our cute little
cottage in the woods. Kalin built this pulley contraption to move the cinder blocks down into the basement hole. I have to say after many trips of manually
hauling the blocks...the pulley rocks. It has totally increased our production!!!



During this process Violet had a tea party with her babies and washed her doll clothes. I put together a washing set for her birthday and she loves it. I want to add a similar set to the Wild Violet site. I am working on making my ideas come to fruition!!!

Cheers everybody thanks for reading. Until next time!!

No comments: